To keep a gay relationship, romantic or otherwise, healthy, you’ve got to work for it. For lots of people, one’s partner is one of the most important humans ever. So, here is some advice on how to keep it nice and steamy even if you’ve been dating for years.
Read also: Five Things Not To Do On A Gay Date
- Make sure he knows you love him. You may be thinking that your feelings are obvious. But for another person, even the one you know best, it may be less clear – so tell him! Tell him not only with your actions but with your words, too.
- Share your experiences. Tell him that you love him and that you are proud of him and the things he does. There is no greater joy than sharing your achievements with your loved ones. Say that you’re proud, but be sincere about it.
- Self-care is important. To stay attractive in the eyes of your boyfriend, you should feel it. And what another way to do it than to have some me-time? This will keep your relationship just as pleasing as it was in the first month of dating.
- Ask challenging questions. This may seem like a way to complicate things between you, but it’s not. Ask your partner what the most difficult aspect of your gay relationship is. It will be the step to make it more comfortable for you as a couple.
- Go out. Or stay home, whatever’s more comfortable with you. Go all-in with romantic stuff like one-on-one dinner or a surprise movie night. But make it regular, so that making each other happy becomes a routine.
- Listen. Now, talking is important, but listening and actually hearing is a blessing. Your partner’s worries may bore you, but don’t let it get in your way of being the ultimate best boyfriend.
- Try to keep calm. Especially if you are fighting. It’s always hard to hold back, but this way you won’t say something that’ll deeply offend your partner. Not to mention that you’ll regret it for a long time. If you have trouble staying calm, which is totally understandable, try counting to ten.
- Talk! Talking is caring, for if you’re not open up to your partner, a lie can come between you. Spend some time every other day to talk about your feelings. This way both of you know what’s bothering you and what’s on other’s minds.
- Arrange a romantic getaway. Happy routine is nice, but sometimes both of you are just tired of the same old surroundings. You may have a holiday in a quiet village or in a big desert festival, it doesn’t really matter. The thing that does, though, is you and your man spend some time together, away from all the troubles.
- Keep it hot in your bedroom. Sex life is a major part of a relationship for many people. Every once in awhile, it’s nice to spice it up a little. You may recreate a scene from an R-rated movie or read steamy stories out loud.
It may seem that this is just a piece of general advice on how to manage any relationship, and it’s not wrong. We have less representation to rely on, but gay couples are not that different from straight ones. Anyways, every relationship is different. You have to do what’s comfortable for you and your partner.
Read also: 12 LGBTQ Stars Who Made Coming Out This Year
If you are in a gay relationship and have some tips to share, feel free to comment.